Job Description - Fundraising and Operations Manager
Job title: Fundraising and Operations Manager
Reports to: Chair, Chamos UK; President, Chamos Spain
Hours: Full time
Location: Madrid or London with flexibility to work remotely
Chamos is a charity, founded in the UK in 2007 and registered in Spain since 2019, with the mission of improving the wellbeing of children and young people in Venezuela. We work with local partners to facilitate health and education projects and build capacity, and to date have invested over $1 million in community-led projects with 25 partners, reaching over 40,000 children in 21 states across the country.
We are looking for an experienced individual to develop and execute our fundraising and operational strategy, helping our rapidly growing organisation to continue to expand and progress sustainably. This is an important role within our dynamic and passionate small international team (based between the UK, Spain and Venezuela), with the opportunity to have a significant impact on the direction and progression of the organisation.
Duties and responsibilities
Fundraising: A key part of this role will be the development and execution of the organisation’s fundraising strategy, with the aim of growing and diversifying income and contributing to overall growth. This will include:
- Identification and pursuit of funding opportunities with trusts, foundations, corporate partnerships and philanthropic giving;
- Creation of high quality fundraising and marketing materials in English (including pitches, grant applications and Annual Reports);
- Analysis and improvement of donor management processes and donor comms, including the utilisation and maintenance of our CRM system;
- Planning and execution of targeted and general campaigns to increase income from individual donations;
- Optimisation of existing fundraising platforms and partnerships;
- Donor, partner and grant management, communications and reporting.
Operations: In the past three years, Chamos has grown significantly, more than doubling its levels of income and expenditure and the size of its team. A central part of the role will be to implement and manage operational processes to encourage continued sustainable growth. Working closely with the global operations team (UK Chair, President in Spain, Fundraising Manager, Programmes Coordinator and Content Creator), this role will be responsible for:
- Implementation and standardisation of processes to make operations more efficient and aligned with strategic objectives;
- Support of strategic planning, and management, monitoring and evaluation of the organisation’s roadmap;
- Management of the links between projects, fundraising, marketing and finance departments to ensure good internal communication and cohesion between all areas of the organisation.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English, and the ability to write and speak persuasively to a range of audiences
- Minimum level of Spanish: Advanced
- Minimum five years’ experience in fundraising or development roles (preferably in the third sector)
- Strong ability to analyse problems, implement solutions, and think creatively
- Self-confident, motivated, and able to work independently with initiative
- Strong ability to use Microsoft (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience in using a CRM system (desirable)
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro (desirable)
- Experience in international development / overseas aid (desirable)
Candidates should send a cover letter and CV before March 13th to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject: “Fundraising and Operations Manager”